View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #20
DiscoBriscoe
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

thanks to everyone with the kind words of support.
I'd like to point out that in the orig. post i said he seems to be ok.
As for caring for the bike more than the kid, that was harsh, considering I was in the hospital with him for ~30 hrs over the 2 day period, and spent 13 hrs yesterday at the hospital for his surgery. I've spent about 15 min on the bike.
After saying he was ok, I talked more about the bike because this is a bike forum and I thought it ironic, (or something sorta like it) that my bike was crashed so soon, but I didn't crash it.
Neither of us are total noobs. We both have been riding my dual sport in the dirt and on the street. He is licensed.
He didn't want to take the MSF course. He did read the book and knows it pretty well, it seems, from my verbal quizzing. From watching him over the past year, he's a good rider. As good as the MSF course is, I'm not sure it would have prevented his accident. My wife (who isn't at all happy) wants him to take the MSF course before he rides again. (he says "of course I riding again") That's fine with me, (haven't mentioned it to him yet), but that's not a guarantee you'll never again have an accident.
As for not letting him ride the bike, as some others have eloquently said, it would be cruel to have a motorcycle riding son and not let him ride a ninjette! I know if my dad had one, and wouldn't let me ride it, I would never forgive him!
We're both ATGATT, btw.
DiscoBriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote