Thread: Arai Vector 2
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:26 AM   #4
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I ride with a Vector right now. Love it, though it is a bit tight on the ears, impacting my choice of earplug. Even without earplugs, I've not noticed whistling from the top vent at all. No sound when in tuck, sitting straight up, nothing.

Edit: Tried to get my vector to whistle on my ride today. I had to have my arms dead straight and my body at a full 90 degrees straight up, with my chin fairly high to get the whistling sound. Not at all comfortable to get into that upright of a position on the ninjette, but I was able to get the whistling sound from the top vent. And it would be annoying, if for some reason you had to ride like you had a broomstick up your ass for long distances. In fact, I'm happy that the sound is there, which I will now consider as a warning siren that I am riding my bike like an idiot with really bad body position. Maybe it could be an issue on a chopper or something where your head is back, but not at all an issue on the ninjette - at least as the ergonomics fit me.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; October 30th, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote