Old November 15th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #45
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
CONFESSION: if I'm just going to the Walgreens, Lowes or 7/11 at the end of my street, which I do a lot, I tend not to wear my helmet. I like to be able to see everything around me with no peripheral restrictions and extra weight, etc...sometimes I circle the neighborhood a bit on the way home since I like the wind on my face (oddly, a helmet makes me drive faster since I don't have that sensory input of wind hitting my face). THAT SAID, anything further than a mile, or if I'm even crossing a four-lane road, I wear my helmet. It's Florida and hot, and my rides are short and slow, so I'm no ATGATT person--IF I commuted to work or drove further than 2 miles or faster than 40mph, I'd do more than a helmet.
imho... that's incredibly dangerous.

Here's one reason why you should always wear all your gear on every ride.

Very recently, Ryan on this site was wearing everything but his protective trousers. Went for a 3 mile ride, low sided and guess what, poor fella now has a badly scraped up knee and a fractured left foot. Could've been a lot worse too. He's now decided to wear all his gear on every ride. I'll be sad if another Ninjette member has to learn the same thing the hard way.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote