View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #55
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
there was a thread on here somewhere about some motorcyclists were protesting the no helmet law. so a bunch of motorcycles were riding around town not wearing a helmet to prove some worthless point. Well one of the riders got into an accident and hit his head and died. investigators said that he would have survived if he were wearing a helmet. ironic? fo shizzle!

i say let people do anything they want. if they want to risk their head splitting open then so be it.
That was an ABATE rally in New York. They were protesting the helmet laws there. It was a bit ironic, but kind of suspicious too. Supposedly, he high sided after his shoelaces got caught in the chain. On a Harley. Granted, there are older Harley's with chains, but they all have your feet way up front. His shoelaces would have to practically be a mile long. In any event, he wouldn't be the first person to die for what he believed in.

But you're right, people who eat twinkies are making my health insurance rates go up and should be forced to not eat them or pay a surcharge to the insurance company.

As far as the "Are you a smoker?" question for the insurance goes, the proof is in pudding. If you try to make a claim and it looks smoker related, then they'll say "Sorry, not covered, read the fine print of your policy."

They could do the same with bikers who ride without a helmet. Ask the question on the application and adjust the premiums accordingly for that one biker.