Old April 10th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #18
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Name: Luis

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja 250, 2005 R6, 2002 Ducati Monster S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
@Qomomoko

Most common form of a switch is a single pole single throw, means you have one contact pole(input) and one optional throw (output). So if the contact is set to the output throw (ON) then the circuit is complete else (OFF) and its an open circuit. By adding throws you give it additional circuit paths that can be completed by the contact pole. Additional poles allow for different inputs and outputs,circuits, to be used in parallel so you have only one mechanism(The switch) that functions for them. The issue is you can't simply attach all the inputs to a single pole and all the outputs to a single throw and hope it works since they may have different voltage, current and circuit limitations.
Yikes.. true true..

I forgot to mention.. its a track bike.. so all or MOST of those other auxiliaries are not "attached". Still the original wiring harness but I have thought if making a simplified one and get rid of all extra stuff.

What you say DEFY, bolds the fact that I need to be better technically informed for this mod...

check this out too form the diagram..

thanks....

Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote