View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #2
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickadolph View Post
I'm replacing my keyed ignition with a toggle switch that will go under my passenger seat. The only problem is I dont know what type of switch I need (dual, triple pole), and which wires go to which lead on the switch. The stock ignition has 7 wires and there's also the anti-theft resistor attached to the gray wire. Any help is appreciated.

You could use a 4 pole single throw toggle. There's eight terminals, four on each side. When the switch is thrown, each terminal on one side connects to the terminal opposite of it on the other side. Look at the bottom of your diagram, see the rectangle with "ignition switch connections?" That's what you have to get done.

First part shows brown, white and grey wires need to all connect. You could split one and attach it to two contacts on one side of your switch (let's say the brown wire), then connect white to the terminal opposite of one of the brown terminals and connect grey to the terminal opposite the other brown terminal.

Second part shows black connects to red. Black on one side of the switch and red on the opposite side.

Third part shows white/blk connects to orange/green. W/blk on one terminal, o/g wire on terminal opposite of it.

If I had the space for it, I'd rather use two 2 pole, single throw switches.