View Full Version : Anyone with red bike and red Cortech Sport bags?

JourneyAbout
July 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hello all!
This is my first post. I am 35 yr old mom of 12 yr old son. Just got my first real bike. 2007 250r. About 3500mi. Red with the silver/white flames. I LOVE IT! As a redhead, I try to stay away from anything red....but it was so well taken care of I went with it. The red is growing on me. At least it's easier to see.

I'm collecting gear now and was wondering if anyone here has a red bike and the red Cortech Sport saddle bags and/or tail bag? Or even the tank bag.

I have been looking hard at them and wondered if the colors of red would clash or look good together. Or should I get the black?

Suggestions?

Oh, and thanks for such a great forum!

Bosgarage57
July 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome from a redhead member! I have a black cortech, and cant really use it, because the straps that go across the bike are really thick and cant get the seat to latch. I've seen other members being successful in using them, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

choneofakind
July 19th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Welcome! feel free to post in the new members section so everyone can say hi!

about the matching, I really don't know how their colors go, but black is always a safe bet for not clashing on a red bike with black engine.

miss_syn
July 21st, 2011, 07:20 AM
Yay redheads!

Although my hair color is the same as the bike. :X

Personally I would go with black if minor shade variations will bother you. I've been looking at the smallest one for a tank bag and it looks ok, but I don't want to drop the cash on a bag right now.

I have a red/black plaid backpack that I picked up at Walmart for 7 bucks that's lasted two years with an almost every day affair with college, sleepovers, and the bike. I had to pick up a mini carabiner to keep the upper half closed otherwise you might lose stuff. (Ask me how I know)

Tony B
August 2nd, 2011, 01:12 AM
Black is safest as you could use it on another bike, should you ever buy another :thumbup: