View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2024, 12:37 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks ! had the carbs out and cleaned and back in already
I found a few drops of gunk in the bottom of the fuel bowls on each side
and the pilot jet completely plugged on the right and pilot jut partially plugged on the left but I could see a tiny bit of light coming through it....
Hay Gordon do you know if the pilot jets are the same size compared to each other on this 2012 ninja.... sense the initial settings are different with the carbs they may not be the same size... and mine are not... there is a really tiny difference in the diameter of the pilot hole.... the tip goes in on one pilot jet
but not the sarations on the tool.... but on the other pilot jet the whole tool gord through easily. ( tip and sarations)
I hit the carbs with carb cleaner and put them back together !!!

I didn't figure they were all that dirty ! Gordon had just worked his magic on them 2 years ago. and they still look fantastic inside and out.... and they would have worked fine if I had taken proper care of this bike...but I didn't...totally my fault ! ....
the problem is that pilot jet is so small that it will catch any tiny particles that come in with the gas.... and I think STA-BUL 360 has a tendency to make particles in the gasoline.... because My triumph has to have the pilot jets cleaned each time I start it now and Stabul 360 is the only thing that has changed !

anyway she's going back together now... should have her running by this evening we'll see !

Bob......