ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old June 24th, 2024, 05:27 PM   #1
Lathroum
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Philip

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250r

First Highway Ride

Took my 2004 250 out on the highway for the first time today. No problem keeping up with traffic at 65 - 70mph. I did notice I could feel the cross winds sometimes pushing the bike a little from the side. A very different feel from other bikes I have ridden in the past. I also feel the like the bike feels more at home right around 60mph.

At 70mph the bike was still accelerating well and def had more to go. It's not gonna win a speed run, but it was capable on the highway. A little odd for me with how high it revs doing 70.

Any thoughts? This is my first Ninja 250 and my first time back on 2 wheels in like 18yrs. It is def a fun bike.
Lathroum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2024, 08:23 PM   #2
revv
ninjette.org newbie

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 EX250J

On my 08, it's work keeping it in lane with crosswinds, traffic moves at 75, and there's little headroom at that speed to overtake the way traffic thinks you're about to.

I'll take any pointers anyone has on this. I've tucking and throwing a knee into the wind to keep it stable.

It doesn't help that the speedo says almost 100mph and I'm actually going 85.
revv is offline   Reply With Quote