ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #1
2fiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250r

My heart dropped when I picked up my bike yesterday.

So I went to go pick up my bike at the shop for the 600 mile service. I went in to talk to the guy and then he asked "is the bike still under warranty?" I said yes and he immediately said "bring it back". My heart literally dropped into my stomache. He then told me it runs like ****. He brought me out to snow me what he was talking about and started it up and opened the choke for a quick second and closed it and gave it some throttle and the thing was almost stalling with losing power. He told me this was not normal.

I then told him that I've heard many times that these bikes run extremely cold blooded and it takes a while for them to warm up and then they are good to go. When I first got the bike I came on here worried about that exact thing and everyone assured me it wasn't a problem and was normal.

The guy then understood and look it up himself and found that same information I told him. He told me everything checked out fine and I was all set.

Seriously, I almost had s heart attack there. I got a good laugh after the fact though.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
2fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

...The guy servicing your bike didn't know that the bike takes time to warm up? What an idiot.

edit: I don't mean to imply that your an idiot for not knowing. It's completely understandable for a new biker not to know these things; but for a person who's job it is to work on bikes everyday it should be common sense.

Old May 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #3
RedCromwell
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

Wait, the guy at the shop didn't know that the 250 required the choke to be on for a while before the engine would idle normal?

Scary.
RedCromwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #4
2fiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250r

Well he new about the choke cause he put it on for about 45 seconds and then took it off and rev'd it. I then filled him in that the 250 takes a long time to warm up since it's really cold blooded. The 250 takes much longer to warm up than a normal carb engine. I'm sure you guys know this first hand. Lol.
2fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #5
RedCromwell
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

Yup. When I first got my bike, I really thought I was doing something wrong. She'd stall on me every time I tried to get up my driveway and onto the road.

It wasn't until I read online of others having to keep their choke on for awhile. Some even kept the choke on while they rode the first block in their neighborhood.

So, since then I keep my choke on in the mornings to get up my driveway and onto the road. Once I hit the road, I roll on the throttle and shut off the choke and am as happy as a clam.
RedCromwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #6
nickadolph
ninjette.org member

Name: nick

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

shim the needles, you'll be able to ride after a good 30 seconds
nickadolph is offline   Reply With Quote