ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 17th, 2024, 04:12 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoAmerica: More From Brainerd International Raceway

VANCE & HINES HARLEY-DAVIDSON RACER HAYDEN GILLIM SWEEPS KING OF THE BAGGERS WEEKEND AT BRAINERD INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY Factory Harley Racer James Rispoli Podiums on Sunday MILWAUKEE – RevZilla/Motul/Vance & Hines […]

The post MotoAmerica: More From Brainerd International Raceway appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

VANCE & HINES HARLEY-DAVIDSON RACER HAYDEN GILLIM SWEEPS KING OF THE BAGGERS WEEKEND AT BRAINERD INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY

Factory Harley Racer James Rispoli Podiums on Sunday

MILWAUKEE – RevZilla/Motul/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson rider Hayden Gillim dominated the MotoAmerica® Mission King of the Baggers double-header race weekend at Brainerd International Speedway in Brainerd, Minn. Aboard a race-prepared 2024 Road Glide® motorcycle, the defending Mission King of the Baggers champion Gillim set a new track record to top qualifying, won the Mission King of the Baggers Challenge dash for cash sprint race, and both feature races on Saturday and Sunday.

Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing rider James Rispoli bounced back from a crash on Saturday to finish third on Sunday and score his fourth podium finish of the season. Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing rider Kyle Wyman finished in fourth place on Saturday and in eighth place on Sunday following a mechanical issue.

“A weekend like this is a payoff for all the work the Vance & Hines team has done since September,” said Gillim following the Sunday race. “It’s an awesome weekend after a rough one at Road America. The whole start of the season has been a little rough. Wearing the number one plate this season I thought it might be a little easier than it has been. I’m really happy for myself and the team and looking forward to Laguna.”

“I’m stoked to give my factory Harley-Davidson crew a podium today,” said Rispoli following the Sunday race. “It was greasy out there and I played the smart card to bring it home. I am bummed for Kyle and know he will rebound at Laguna Seca. Thank you everyone for your continued support.”

James Rispoli (43). Photo courtesy Harley-Davidson.

Gillim topped qualifying with a track-record lap of 1:34.717 on Saturday on the 2.5-mile, 13-turn Brainerd International road course. Gillim won the Mission King of the Baggers Challenge sprint race by 1.342 seconds over his RevZilla/Motul/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson teammate Rocco Landers. In the nine-lap Saturday race, Gillim set the pace from the start and opened a gap between him and a close fight between Factory Indian rider Tyler O’Hara, Rispoli and Wyman. Wyman got by O’Hara on the last lap to finish in fourth place, with Landers zapping Factory Indian’s Troy Herfoss in the last corner to take second place.

On Sunday, Gillim again led from the start and opened a lead that would stretch to 6.5 seconds at the finish. O’Hara, Herfoss, and Rispoli gave chase, with Herfoss crashing on lap 5 but able to pick up his bike and rejoin the race. Rispoli took third place behind O’Hara on the podium. Championship leader Herfoss finished seventh. After setting a record pace over the field in the Sunday morning warm-up session, Wyman suffered a clutch issue on the warm-up lap, but was able to complete the race in eighth place and claim 8 valuable championship points.

“Today was a big shame after setting the track record on the morning warm up on used tires. We really made huge step with the bike overnight on Saturday. I felt like we had a bike that could win,” said Wyman. “To have a clutch issue right out of the gate was tough to swallow on the warm-up lap. I just rolled around and tried to score all the points I could score. But we’re still in really good shape for the championship. And I’m looking forward to Laguna Seca and the rest of the races.”

After 10 of 18 rounds in the 2024 MotoAmerica Mission King of the Baggers series, Herfoss leads the championship with 205 points. Wyman is second with 192 points, followed by O’Hara with 142 points, Gillim with 135 points, and Rispoli with 108 points.

Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing returns to action July 12-14 at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in Salinas, Calif. for the MotoAmerica Superbike Speedfest at Monterey.

The Mission King of the Baggers series features race-prepared American V-Twin touring motorcycles. Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing Road Glide® motorcycles are powered by modified Screamin’ Eagle® Milwaukee-Eight® 131 Performance Crate Engines. The team bikes also feature upgraded suspension components, including Screamin’ Eagle/Öhlins Remote Reservoir Rear Shocks, plus competition exhaust, race tires and lightweight bodywork.

Harley-Davidson® Factory Racing is sponsored by Mission® Foods, Rockford Fosgate®, Brembo®, Öhlins®, Protolabs®, SYN3® lubricants, and Screamin’ Eagle® Performance Parts and Accessories.

MotoAmerica King of the Baggers Race Results – Brainerd Race 1
  1. Hayden Gillim (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  2. Rocco Landers (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  3. Troy Herfoss (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  4. Kyle Wyman (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing
  5. Tyler O’Hara (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  6. Jake Lewis (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  7. Cory West (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  8. Max Flinders (Ind) Mad Monkey Motorsports
MotoAmerica King of the Baggers Race Results – Brainerd Race 2
  1. Hayden Gillim (H-D) RevZilla/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson
  2. Tyler O’Hara (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  3. James Rispoli (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing
  4. Jake Lewis (H-D) Saddlemen/Harley-Davidson
  5. Cory West (H-D) Saddleman/Harley-Davidson
  6. Max Flinders (Ind) Mad Monkey Motorsports
  7. Troy Herfoss (Ind) S&S/Indian Motorcycle
  8. Kyle Wyman (H-D) Harley-Davidson Factory Racing

More, from a press release issued by Yamaha:

Petersen Returns to Podium in Superbike Race 2 at Brainerd

Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing’s Cameron Petersen finishes third in MotoAmerica Superbike Race 2 at Brainerd International Raceway

MARIETTA, Ga. – June 17, 2024 – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing’s Cameron Petersen returned to the podium with a third-place finish in yesterday’s MotoAmerica Superbike Race 2 at Brainerd International Raceway. His teammate Jake Gagne salvaged points on a tough weekend in Brainerd, Minnesota, with a seventh-place finish.

In Sunday’s Race 2, Petersen got another great start from the second row of the grid to the runner-up spot. The South African rode a strong pace but was passed on Lap 7. He stayed on the heels of the competition for most of the race and ultimately rode on to score third for his fifth podium finish of the season. Petersen’s efforts advanced his position to fourth and within 28 points of the top spot in the hotly contested title chase.

After another less-than-ideal start, Gagne found himself sixth and was shuffled to seventh on the second lap. Despite being unable to ride to his full potential with arm pump issues, the defending three-time MotoAmerica Superbike Champion did what he could to salvage points with a seventh-place finish. As the series approaches the halfway mark, Gagne remains within reach of the championship lead, trailing fellow Yamaha rider Bobby Fong by eight points.

The Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing team returns to action in two weeks’ time as racing resumes with MotoAmerica Superbike Round 5 at The Ridge in Shelton, Washington, on June 28-30.

Richard Stanboli – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing Team Manager

“Not much to say really. We lost this round, but we’ll move on and smash them at The Ridge.”

Cameron Petersen (45). Photo courtesy Yamaha.
Cameron Petersen – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing #45

“It was not a bad weekend for me and the team. I’m happy with the podium in the second race and we’re still right in the hunt for the championship. I will go back to work and show up stronger for The Ridge so we can put up more of a fight. I have to give a massive shoutout to the whole team for all their hard work.”

Jake Gagne (1). Photo courtesy Yamaha.
Jake Gagne – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing #1

“It was another rough day with hand issues, which was definitely a bummer because the bike was awesome here. I’ll get it sorted and back where we belong!”

About Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (YMUS), is a recognized leader in the outdoor recreation industry. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings include Motorcycles and Scooters, ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles, Snowmobiles, Personal Watercraft, Boats, Outboard Motors, Outdoor Power Equipment, Power Assist Bicycles, Golf Cars [sold, serviced, and distributed by Yamaha Golf-Car Company], Power Assist Wheelchair Systems, Surface Mount Technology and Robotic Machines, Unmanned Helicopters, Accessories, Apparel, Yamalube products, and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of distributors and dealers in the United States.

YMUS has a corporate office in California, three corporate offices in Georgia, as well as facilities in Wisconsin, Alabama, and Florida. YMUS subsidiaries Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America (YMMC), based in Georgia, and Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing U.S.A. (YJBM) based in Tennessee, each assemble and manufacture selected Yamaha brand products. YMUS owns Skeeter Boats [Texas] with its division G3 Boats [Missouri]. Additional U.S.-based subsidiaries include Yamaha Marine Systems Company, Inc. (YMSC) with subsidiary Siren Marine [Rhode Island] and divisions Bennett Marine [Florida], Yamaha Marine Rotational Molders [Wisconsin] and Yamaha Precision Propeller Inc. [Indiana].

Yamaha Motor Finance Corporation, USA, dba Yamaha Financial Services, is an affiliate of Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA offering financing solutions to support Yamaha Dealers and loyal Yamaha Customers nationwide.

More, from a press release issued by Aprilia:

DI MARIO RIDES APRILIA RS 660 TO SECOND CONSECUTIVE DOUBLE PODIUM WEEKEND IN MOTOAMERICA TWINS CUP RACES AT BRAINERD INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

RODIO RACING – POWERED BY ROBEM ENGINEERING RIDER READY TO VIE FOR TWINS CUP TITLE AT SEASON FINALE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS IN SEPTEMBER

BRAINERD, MN — 17 JUNE 2024 — MotoAmerica Twins Cup rookie Alessandro Di Mario is proving to be a model of consistency in MotoAmerica’s Twins Cup. The rider from Kentucky piloted his Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering Aprilia RS 660 to his second double-podium weekend in the past two rounds on Saturday and Sunday at Brainerd International Raceway. Though he came close to clinching his second victory of his rookie Twins Cup campaign on Sunday, Di Mario is one of just two riders in contention for the 2024 MotoAmerica Twins Cup title.

Both Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering riders were near the top of the time sheet Twins Cup Friday practice, with Gus Rodio and his teammate Di Mario were third and fourth, respectively. EasyHealthPlans.com/TopPro Racing Team’s Avery Dreher missed out on the top five by less than a tenth of a second. The trio of Aprilia riders performed even better in Friday’s Qualifying 1, as Rodio provisionally qualified second, Di Mario third, and Dreher in fifth.

In Saturday’s Qualifying 2, Di Mario ended up the fastest of the Aprilia riders. He qualified second, and his teammate Rodio qualified third to give Aprilia two of the three front row grid positions. Dreher made it three Aprilia riders in the top five by qualifying fifth for the weekend’s two Twins Cup races.

During Race 1, Di Mario found himself in what turned out to be a race-long battle for second place. Rodio followed in a mostly lonely fourth place throughout the 11-lap race, while Dreher fought throughout for the fifth position. Though Di Mario finished the first three laps in third place, he made the move to second place on Lap 4 and held off a late-race challenge for the runner-up spot to secure his sixth podium appearance of the season by a mere 0.036 seconds. Dreher came out on top in the battle for fifth place – his fifth top-five finish this year. Team JBR’s Josef Bittner finished ninth.

Sunday’s Race 2 had an action-packed opening lap, as Di Mario made a move for the lead early in the first lap, but a few corners later was bumped by another rider and fell back to fifth place. Dreher took advantage of Di Mario’s bad luck moving to third place in the running order. Unfortunately for Dreher, a technical problem ended his race on Lap 2. Rodio ran another lonely fourth place Sunday, while Di Mario quickly worked his way back to the front and led the end of Laps 7-10 of the 11-lap race. A pass by another frontrunning rider early in the final lap ended Di Mario’s chance at victory, but he held off a challenge from another rider to claim his second runner-up finish of the weekend and score his fifth
consecutive podium appearance.

Of the 26 riders registered to compete in MotoAmerica Twins Cup at Brainerd International Raceway, 11 were slated to race Aprilia RS 660s.

The last Twins Cup round of the 2024 MotoAmerica season takes place Sept. 13-15 at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

Alessandro Di Mario (27). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Aprilia.

Alessandro Di Mario / Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering

“I didn’t really expect to be this fast this weekend since this is not one of my favorite tracks. My tires were really bad by the end of Saturday’s race, so by the last lap I just tried blocking every passing opportunity and was able to hold onto second by just a small margin. Today’s race was good. Our pace in this race was absolutely insane, but I wasn’t able to win the race by just a little bit. I can’t wait for the next round at Circuit of the Americas and want to thank the team and everybody that’s help me out this weekend.”

More, from a press release issued by Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering:

Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering’s Di Mario scores another two podium finishes in MotoAmerica Twins Cup races at Brainerd International Raceway

Di Mario’s teammate Gus Rodio bounces back from downer round at Road America with two fourth places

BRAINERD, Minn. – It was another strong showing by Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering rider and MotoAmerica Twins Cup rookie Alessandro Di Mario this past weekend at Brainerd International Raceway. The 2022 Nicky Hayden AMA Road Race Horizon Award winner added second-place finishes on Saturday and Sunday to his already impressive rookie campaign and is one of two riders who can clinch the 2024 Twins Cup title with two races remaining.

Di Mario’s teammate, Gus Rodio, enjoyed positive results at Brainerd after enduring setbacks in both races at the previous round at Road America. The Hammonton, N.J., resident claimed two fourth-place finishes and is now third in the Twins Cup points standings.

The weekend started well for both Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering riders. Rodio and Di Mario finished Friday morning practice in third and fourth place, respectively. Later Friday, the pair each moved up one position on the timing sheets to provisionally qualify second and third. Qualifying wrapped up Saturday morning with Di Mario having clinched second on the starting grid and Rodio third to put both riders on the front row for both of the round’s Twins Cup contests.

Race 1 was a lonesome event for Rodio. He ran in a mostly uncontested fourth place for all 11 laps of the race, while Di Mario found himself in a fierce fight for second place. Though he ran in third place on Laps 1-3, Di Mario made his move on Lap 4 and held off a persistent challenge from another frontrunning rider right to the last corner of the last lap to claim his third consecutive runner-up result by 0.036 seconds.

The start of Sunday’s Race 2 witnessed Di Mario pushing hard to take the lead early in the first lap, but contact with another rider later in that lap caused him to slip behind his teammate Rodio into fifth place. Di Mario quickly got by Rodio and was running in second place by the end of Lap 3. Di Mario then caught up to the race leader and assumed the lead on Lap 7. He held onto the lead for the next three laps, but got passed early in the final lap and had to settle for another second-place result – his fourth in a row. After the first couple laps, Rodio ran and finished in a lonely fourth place.

The Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering team now has a several month break before the MotoAmerica Twins Cup season finale takes place Sept. 13-15 at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

Alessandro Di Mario (27). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering.Alessandro Di Mario / No. 27

“I didn’t really expect to be this fast this weekend since this is not one of my favorite tracks. My tires were really bad by the end of Saturday’s race, so by the last lap I just tried blocking every passing opportunity and was able to hold onto second by just a small margin. Today’s race was good. Our pace in this race was absolutely insane, but I wasn’t able to win the race by just a little bit. I can’t wait for the next round at Circuit of the Americas and want to thank the team and everybody that’s help me out this weekend.”

Gus Rodio (96). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering.Gus Rodio / No. 96

“Saturday’s race was interesting. I started the race with decent feeling in the bike, but after three laps the grip in my rear tire was gone. The team worked really hard after the race to figure out what had gone wrong. Overall, the two fourth-place finishes wasn’t our best showing as a team, but far from our worst. It was nice to score a bunch of points after how the last couple rounds have gone, and I’m excited to get to work during the break and finish the season strong in Texas.”

Rodio Racing – Powered by Robem Engineering’s technical partners for the 2024 season include Spellcaster Productions, Luxestar VIP, Geoscape Solar, MAR Contractors, Blud Lubricants, Spiegler Performance, Woodcraft Technologies, Dymag Performance Wheels, Millennium Technologies, Sprint Filter, Dunlop, SC Project, MVR Endeavor, GRG Designs, REB Graphics, NGK Spark Plugs, EvolveGT, Bitubo Suspension and N2 Racing.

The post MotoAmerica: More From Brainerd International Raceway appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.