ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #1
mariorivera830
MoVal's only ninjette :(

Name: Mario

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE Black with a dash of yellow

Bluetooth helmets?

Did a quick search and didn't see anything on them.

Does anyone have one or any experience with them? I like to have some music going in the background (kinda like a soundtrack to the movie of my life and I am on the run...) but being able to pull off of the freeway to take a call without having to completely take off my helmet, gloves and have to put it all back on just to tell my wife "ok, I will pick up bread". Happens more than you think.

But my main concern is the quality of the helmet first, then the audio quality from the speakers.

I wear earbuds from time to time (during non traffic times) but I don't really feel comfortable physically and mentally still being a new rider.

Thanks in advance
mariorivera830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
You need a schuberth c3 with the srt system. Best Bluetooth helmet on the market
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
http://www.schuberth.com/en/homepage.html
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #4
mariorivera830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
man! that helmet looks awesome! especially if it glowed like the picture... but the communications thing has to be expensive if the helmet itself if 699. That's a little too awesome for my wallet. Thanks Jiggles

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #5
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

I once had an elcheapo bluetooth modular helmet with the blinc bluetooth build in... and it sucked. Could not use it over 35mph, the other party said the wind noise was too bad. The best thing going is either the scala system or the sena system.

I have the sena and like it well enough, it is certainly loud.

the scala system has easier pairing for chat between bikes I think.

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #6
mariorivera830

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4px View Post
I once had an elcheapo bluetooth modular helmet with the blinc bluetooth build in... and it sucked. Could not use it over 35mph, the other party said the wind noise was too bad. The best thing going is either the scala system or the sena system.

I have the sena and like it well enough, it is certainly loud.

the scala system has easier pairing for chat between bikes I think.
I have seen those Senas on amazon and even a couple on craigslist, and I just wasn't sure how they actually worked. My helmet isn't the greatest at blocking wind noise so the speakers would have to be at least up to par.

Is the set up and pairing very difficult as far as installing them into the helmet? I think I saw one with a ton of wires and it may have intimidated me.... just a bit.

Old August 10th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Only kit I've seen with voice control and a handlebar remote is the Parrot SK4000. The remote doesn't work so well on our bikes due to electrical interferance (at least on the J-bike; probably both).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote